Search This Blog

The Loves of My Life- Brittany's adventures

The Loves of My Life-  Brittany's adventures
Brittahy

Sunday, May 2, 2010

the Loves of My Life- Brittany's adventures

Well this is a favorite picture of Brittany.It wasn't easy to get this photo but I thought it turned out good.She is such a smart dog.,but has a mind of her own.Several years ago right after I had gotten the 2 Cocker spaniels I had them out in the yard.Brittany was off leash at the time and just standing in the yard.At that time there was corn planted in the fields around the house and it was pretty tall.I was taking the puppies in and looked around and Brittany was still standing there in the yard so I proceeded to take the other 2 in and turned around and Brittany was gone!It was getting late in the afternoon.I went out and called her but got no response.I figured she had seen something and took off into the corn field.Well I went in the cornfield calling and calling her with no response- not even a bark or a hint of a movement!Do you know how hard it is to find your way around in a cornfield? It is like a maze!Well I went back to the yard calling and calling and it finally got dark.I called some of the neighbors to see if they had seen her but they hadn't.I got in the car and drove around to see if I could see her with no luck.Went back to the house and got a flashlight and back in the cornfield I went- that was spooky!!By then it was dark.No luck so got back in my car and drove all around with the window down calling her.It was around 10 pm when I got back home and as I was pulling in to my garage this little red head pops out of the bushes from the cornfield.My Brittany was home!I was so happy to see her I could not scold her.she has never been off leash again!

No comments:

Post a Comment